Valois Castle on Seneca Lake .::. Our Finger Lakes History

It was called a “breath of Paris in the Finger Lakes” during the late 19th century. Built by Arthur E. Valois on the shore overlooking Seneca Lake, the history of Valois Castle has roots in European royalty and treasures.  Learn about the construction and evolution of the property into a premiere, upscale tourist destination and entertainment venue before ultimately being destroyed by fire in 1932. Seneca County Historian Walter Gable tells the story on this episode of Our Finger Lakes History…

.